Tuesday, January 28, 2020

a perfect Savior


And he who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to him.
John 8:29

Only Jesus can say this. There are three things Jesus makes clear in this short verse.
1) God the Father sent Jesus, His Son, into the world.
2) God the Father is with Jesus in the world.
3) God the Father is always pleased with what Jesus does.

These things mean that Jesus is God, with the Father from eternity past. They mean that Jesus’ work and words are the things that God says and does. They mean that Jesus does not sin, for the Father is always pleased with Him.

This is the Jesus I trust as my Savior and Lord. He is sent to be the Savior of all who will believe, for all time, in all the world. He is perfect, holy, and powerful. His holiness covers my sin and I am covered in His righteousness by faith in His death and resurrection. That’s how God sees me. The Father is always with the Son. When I believe, I am adopted into this family so that God never leaves me nor forsakes me. Jesus is with me always.

Lord Jesus,
I praise You for coming into this world, for showing us the Father, and for being perfect and holy. I trust in You alone for my life and salvation. I am an unworthy sinner, now covered by Your righteousness, who can rejoice in the love of God!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment