Thursday, November 7, 2019

Perfect.

For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering.
Hebrews 2:10

Jesus, the perfect God, the perfect man, the perfect sacrifice was shown to be perfect in suffering for our sins. For the glory of God for whom and by whom this universe in which we live exists, Jesus was made the perfect sacrifice for sins so that we might now be brought, by faith, into God’s family as His children. Those who have trusted in Jesus, the perfect founder of salvation, will be received into this family by His perfect work.

I am not perfect. Jesus is perfect. I could not completely make amends for my sin before a holy God. Jesus did so perfectly. I am not worthy to be called a child of God. But I can be adopted into God’s household by the perfect merits of the Son of God. I would never by made perfect by even an eternity of my own suffering. But Jesus perfectly suffered the wrath of God so that I might know the daily beauty of the grace of God.

Lord,
You saw fit to send Your Son in perfection to heal my imperfections. You founded my salvation in His perfect sacrifice. I will praise You today that I cannot be good enough but instead trust in the complete, perfect forgiveness given by Jesus.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment