Thursday, November 21, 2019

my thankful prayer


The living, the living, he thanks you,
as I do this day;
the father makes known to the children
your faithfulness.
Isaiah 38:19

I strangely identify with Hezekiah’s grateful prayer as I reflect on this last year. It sort of sets the stage a week early for what Thanksgiving ought to be next week... and I pray...

You are good, Lord, and You are faithful. I’ve come through a time of confusion... a time of loss... a time of frustration... a time of coming to the end of my self... a time of feeling like all the things that I love most are falling apart. And You, O God, are faithful to me!

Thank You for the clarity that Your Word, Your people, and Your presence have brought to me. I praise You that in understanding the gift of change You have given me, You have also helped me know You more, dear Lord! And my frustrations have led to repentance as Your wisdom has given direction. And now I am again assured that my affections cannot be on the blessings You give, but rather must be upon You, O my Lord, as the great BLESSER of my life.

I pray You will help me make this known among the people that I love the most. I pray that the hearts of my family can rejoice someday as I now do.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment