Monday, November 25, 2019

once for all forever


But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Hebrews 9:26b

Jesus has done what no one else can do. He has given Himself for the sins of all the world, dying on the cross to pay sin’s price for all humanity. He gave Himself as the final sacrifice. He ended the need for an altar at the temple upon which the countless animal sacrifices had to be made to temporarily forgive sin. Through Christ I am made new. In Christ I am forgiven. And that happened once for all... forever.

This is the point of the gospel story. In Jesus we have our only Savior. Through His sacrifice we are forgiven forever. In His resurrection is our confidence in eternal life. And in Jesus there is a full life to be lived in this world. The gospel gives us so much!

Lord Jesus.
Thank You for coming into this world to die once for all to put away sin by Your holy sacrifice. I worship You this morning. I believe in Your great power to save, trusting only You to have dealt forever with my sin. And I will enjoy forever life with You.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment