Monday, October 7, 2019

got wisdom?

Take my instruction instead of silver,
and knowledge rather than choice gold,
for wisdom is better than jewels,
and all that you may desire cannot compare with her.
Proverbs 8:10-11

Lord,
I want to learn from You. Your Word speaks wisdom to me if I will only apply myself to the pages and let Your Holy Spirit push the truth deep into me heart. I have been greatly kept from much pain by following the knowledge You have given in scripture. But I have also stumbled along the way when I did not value Your wisdom.

And I’ve seen a lot in this life. I have helped others by Your grace leading me. I have seen how Your gospel wisdom saves and redeems broken lives. I have seen how Your Word has given direction in confusion. I have seen others heed Your Word and turn from sin to find mercy and new life. It is a joy not just for me to follow Your wisdom, but to be used by You to help others do so as well. Your wisdom does amazing things to those who will treasure it.

And so this morning I commit to only one supreme value: Your Word’s instruction, knowledge, and wisdom as the only framer of my choices and actions. Nothing else comes close in value. I will treasure You, Lord, and Your words for they are with me now and for all eternity.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment