Monday, October 28, 2019

A prayer to be thoughtful


The heart of the righteous ponders how to answer,
but the mouth of the wicked pours out evil things.
Proverbs 15:28

Taking the time
     to seek God’s wisdom
will bring me to
     His home and kingdom

Thinking it over
     by looking to God’s Word
will help me say
     what should always be heard

I have no answers
     coming from my own head
so I must ponder
     what Jesus has said

My first inclinations
     tend to be sinful 
but thoughtful reflection and prayer
     will deliver me from evil

Life moves so fast
     that it’s hard to truly ponder
yet I must take time
     so my feet will not wonder

Give me a heart, Lord
     that seeks You each day
so I will dwell in Your truth
     and live in Your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment