Thursday, August 8, 2019

the sum of truth

The sum of your word is truth,
and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.
Psalm 119:160

Add up all that the Bible says and you get one result: TRUTH. God’s Word is the truth. It is all true... every book, every chapter, every teaching, and every word. The search for life-changing truth begins and ends in the Bible. It is what I know I need. And I will dwell there.

The world however is a very unreliable source of truth. It is too changeable. It is full of conflicting viewpoints. It is deceptive and will lie convincingly to us. Search for truth on the internet... You won’t find any of it you can trust now in the era of the “Deep Fake” video and the insta-famous celebrity. I cannot trust what humans say is true. I will be disappointed and deceived.

But I can trust what God says. In the Bible I have deeply tested truth that has carried generations of believers through good times and bad times for millennia. I have the Word of my Creator to show me all that really is. I have the Word of my Savior to show me how He wants me to change and grow. I have the Word of God to show me how to worship and please Him. I have the truth and every bit of it lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment