Wednesday, August 28, 2019

always blessing the Lord


Come, bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord,
who stand by night in the house of the Lord!
Lift up your hands to the holy place
and bless the Lord!
Psalm 134:1-2

These words were sung enthusiastically by pilgrims as they traveled to Jerusalem to worship, eventually ascending Zion’s hill to offer their worship and sacrifices at the temple of the LORD. They journeyed to worship. They worshipped as they journeyed. They anticipated God’s blessing in worship in the temple. They rejoiced in the worship even as they trekked to the temple.

Worship is then both a journey and a destination. My soul can bless the Lord as I prepare to worship just as enthusiastically as it does when I am gathered in a worship service. I can bless the LORD as I serve Him, as I sing to Him, and as I gather with His people. At all times and at any time my soul should bless my Savior and my God.

And so today, as I go about my duties, I pray that I can do so in worship. I will bless the Lord as I journey to my work, where I can serve God in the details of my day. As I reach out to others, as I pray for and converse with leaders, with sinners and saints, I will first seek to worship Jesus. I will remind myself that I can only do what I do because Jesus died for my sin so that I might be forgiven before God, blessed with Christ’s righteousness, and given new, eternal life in Him. And I will look for ways to rejoice in that gospel in my conversations today. I will bless my Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment