Monday, August 19, 2019

Gospel... past, present, and future


And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him...
Colossians 1:21-22

As a Christian my past, present, and future are all bound up in the gospel of Jesus Christ. My life is defined by what Jesus has done for me. Before I came to believe in Jesus, I was in the worst state imaginable. But “Jesus sought me when a stranger, wandering from the fold of God”. Although I was alienated from God by my own sinful condition, hostile to holiness in my self-driven mindset, and only capable of doing evil in comparison to a holy God, Jesus chose to die for this mess in me! And by faith in His sacrifice, I am now transformed! He has reconciled me to a holy God by virtue of His redeeming death. I am changed. 

Now I am reconciled to God in this present moment. I am made right solely by the fact that the righteousness of Christ is applied to my account and since I am now seen as righteous by Jesus’ righteousness, the Father, Who is well-pleased with His Son, accepts me as His own. I am in proper, loving, family relationship with my Father in heaven!

And He will keep me. Jesus wants to present me holy and blameless and above reproach to the Father. I am free to live in a future glory not worthy to be compared to even my greatest joys today. Praise the Lord! I am saved... past, present, and future!

No comments:

Post a Comment