Thursday, August 15, 2019

gospel partnership


And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only.
Philippians 4:15

Stewardship of my time, abilities, throughts, and income all directly tie to the growth of the gospel. Paul commended the church at Philippi for being a group of Christians who willingly supported his preaching of the gospel. Initially they were the only church to do so. But because they invested in the gospel, many other men and women became Christians. Churches were born. Lives were changed. Jesus was preached, praised, and promoted. And their financial commitment made it happen even in the midst of hardship. They were willing to do this because they had a gospel vision driving them.

Does a gospel vision drive the way that I live my life? What I want most to happen with my daily work, with my use of income, and with the relationships I cultivate is for Jesus to be made much of so that the gospel will change hearts. I want to live a life well invested in the kingdom of heaven. I want my greatest contributions made because of the gospel, in support of the good news that Jesus saves sinners, and for the future of His church thriving around the world.

May I use what He has given me in this life to spread the life of Christ. May I care like Jesus, proclaim His saving love, and live for the gospel today!

No comments:

Post a Comment