Wednesday, August 14, 2019

God always cares.

He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Psalm 121:3

God’s care for me never stops. There is not a moment, day or night, when I am not kept by the sovereign grace of my God. The Lord never forgets about me. He is always with me. His care never fails. Even when I sleep, God’s vigilant love guards me. I can rest in the continuous care of God. For that I am extremely grateful.

Every morning this summer I have awakened to birdsong. Those birds sing under the watchful eye of their Creator Who knows when even a sparrow falls. How much more does He care for my soul? He sent His Son to live and to die my death so that He can care for me forever! That is an amazing love. Even as I am moved by it this morning, I am not even below the surface of the deep care God has for the world.

O Lord,
You love me with a love that never rests nor desires to do so. You will always love me. I do not need to put my trust in anything else. No job sustains me. No house protects me. No food nourishes me. All of these are YOUR gifts from Your unfailing, constant care. Thank You, O Lord, for never slumbering. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment