Thursday, September 29, 2016

Jesus, my high priest

 
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Hebrews 4:15

Jesus,
You know my weaknesses. They are many. Sin has shot me so full of holes that I struggle to hold in righteous thoughts and actions. You know how temptation looks, feels, and appeals to my weaknesses. You felt the tug of humanity and were tempted directly by the devil himself, an experience I doubt that I have had. I've know temptation and fallen to sin (way too much), but I am so weak, I'm not sure the devil has had to bother to come after me one on one. He sends second and third string minions that bring me down.

Yet, Jesus, though You know temptation, You did not sin. And to that strength I now fly in my weakness to confess my sin, receive Your merciful forgiveness, and I find Your strength and the holy will to fight my sin again! Forever my High Priest, interceding for me by virtue of Your shed blood, You love me, a pathetically crippled sinner. O Jesus, how I need and love Your grace!
Amen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment