Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Jesus tasted my death.

 
But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.
Hebrews 2:9

Jesus, Whom I honor and worship, Whom I seek to follow every day of my life, tasted my death. Jesus died for me. He already knows the worst things about death. When I read the crucifixion accounts in the gospels and I see the way Jesus suffered, it was all so that in His dying, my death would not be an eternal separation from God. He loved me by dying my death.

Jesus humbled Himself. For a while He was lower than the angels so that He could take on mortal flesh that would die. God, the always self-existing one, the great I Am, became a man and at the hands of sinners, was killed. Yet He willingly gave His life to taste death for all people.

Oh how dear the gospel is for me as I age through life. It meant much to me when as a child I trusted Christ to forgive my sins. It is even more precious to me now. I've had to minister to dear saints who have died knowing Jesus already died their death for them. And some day, if Jesus tarries His return, I will face that day, knowing Jesus, crowned with glory and honor, has taken death's sting by dying for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment