Friday, September 30, 2016

exclusive Savior

 
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6

I don't think Jesus could have been any clearer with His exclusive claim than in these two sentences. Jesus is the only path to peace with God the Father. He is the only way of salvation. There is no other means to eternal salvation and relationship with the Father. Only Jesus can forgive sin and redeem sinners.

Jesus is the only source of Truth about the Father. We can only know God through His Son. He is the means of knowing AND what we must know about God. He is truth.

Jesus is the only source of life from the Father. Only in my Savior can I find eternal life and a full life worth living in this world. In Jesus I live. When He redeems sinners, He brings dead souls to life.

And just to be absolutely clear, Jesus states emphatically that only He can bring us to the Father. No person finds God or eternal life outside of Jesus. He is the world's exclusive Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment