Monday, June 17, 2024

in the midst of my years


O LORD, I have heard the report of you,
and your work, O LORD, do I fear.
In the midst of the years revive it;
in the midst of the years make it known;
in wrath remember mercy.
Habakkuk 3:2

In the midst of my years
when I felt my worst fears
You, O Lord, revived Your work
You renewed me and You turned
sorrow into joy
loss into gain
little into plenty
pain into joy
all at a time of great need.

In the midst of my days
You broke through the haze
sharing redeeming insight
into my sorrow’s night:
sunshine from clouds
bright from my dark
gain from deficit
love from loneliness
mercy came into this broken life.

In the midst of this life
Jesus redeemed me from my strife.
The renewing Savior’s touch, graceful
transformed my thirsty, weary soul:
life beyond death
love beyond measure
grace beyond my sin
mercy beyond righteous wrath.
I praise the One Who renews me!


No comments:

Post a Comment