Thursday, May 23, 2024

revived from calamity


You who have made me see many troubles and calamities
will revive me again;
from the depths of the earth
you will bring me up again.
Psalm 71:20

Lord, You have made me see
many trials and calamity,
losses amid catastrophe.
What I thought would never be
came to me.

“Why did You do this to me?”
My soul pleaded to be free
from all trouble brought to me
as grief rolled like a sea
drowning my soul in this calamity.

I rode the waves less than buoyantly,
head just above water I could not see
that Your hand was always reaching out to me
guiding me over stormy sea
keeping me alive in the catastrophe.

But then You helped me see
You were carefully staying over me
so thus guided even in this calamity
nothing would destroy me.
I would become stronger… eventually.

You brought me from troubled sea
to stand on the shores of eternity
and breathtaking glimpses of what is ahead of me
now fill this soul of mine with ecstasy
because now, revived from calamity, in Jesus I am free!

No comments:

Post a Comment