Wednesday, August 3, 2022

What I Eat or Drink


Go, eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart, for God has already approved what you do.
Ecclesiastes 9:7

Blessings are many
that I often overlook.
There aren’t any
lies in Your book.

You tell me straight
to enjoy my life today.
Why should I wait
in sanctimonious delay?

There is bread to eat
always on my plate.
There is good drink
so I should not wait.

Eat up with gladness!
Drink with a merry heart!
God’s gifts repel sadness
and bless… doing their part.

The food that feeds me
comes from Your good hand.
The drink that pleases me
vinted in Your land.

God’s grace is abounding
at my table and cup.
Will I worship the astounding
Provider and look up?

It’s not just a meal.
It’s approved by my God.
I should really feel
His grace, mercy, and love.

As I go through this day now
Lord, make my heart grateful
for all the simple pleasures are how
You show Yourself faithful.

Whether I eat or drink
or whatever I do
may I glorify You as I think
how Your grace pours through.



No comments:

Post a Comment