Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Jesus our life


…the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us…
1 John 1:2

Jesus not only brought eternal life, but is Himself, according to the apostle John, our eternal life. John heard Jesus. John saw Jesus. John lived and walked and worked alongside Jesus in the entirety of His earthly ministry. John heard Jesus proclaim “I am the resurrection and the life.” He heard Jesus announce “I give to them eternal life and they shall never perish”. He heard Jesus’ own declaration of why He came… “I am come that you may have life, and have it more abundantly.” Yes… Jesus is life!

Following Jesus, trusting Jesus, believing in Jesus… all are more than we ever experience right now in the moment. They are what we do, but they bring us life right now as well. And they have an impact we can barely stretch our minds to accept. Believing Jesus is life. We will know that life even beyond our eventual mortality. Jesus is our life forever. It is comforting and empowering to know that Jesus lives for me and with me for eternity!

Lord Jesus,
You are my life. And You lived on this earth, changing the course of humanity’s sinful trajectory forever by being our life. And forever I am living in You. I am in awe. I am beyond grateful!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment