Friday, August 5, 2022

reflections on light


Light is sweet, and it is pleasant for the eyes to see the sun.
Ecclesiastes 11:7

Light is indeed sweet. I reflect on this verse even as sunrise is just minutes away in the eastern horizon. The Kansas sky is glowing with warm pink clouds to welcome the full light of another summer day. It is a day the Lord has made. Here are some random “light” thoughts in acrostic form:

L - LOVE in the the light of Christ brightens every day. It is the love of God in the saving work of Jesus that has enlightened all I do… and it forever will continue.

I - INTENTION. Once the full light of day is on the world, the apprehension inherent in darkness dissipates. The visibility that light brings allows intentional things to be done. So does the light of the gospel give direction and assurance in our dark days. We see what it is we must do in the glaring light of the glory of the gospel. And we must live by it. We must share the light with others.

G - GRACE is given with the light. In fact, the light of each day is a common grace of God… a good gift to all His creation. The light of His revealed Word is a grace to our souls.

H - HAPPINESS abounds when depressive darkness lifts in the light. As light brings with it a kind of joy in the morning, so the light of God’s revelation of Himself brings joyful worship to my soul.

T - TRUTH is clearly seen in the light that God gives. Every new morning when I open my Bible, read, reflect, and pray, I find a dawn of hope and my soul glories in God. It is because His truth thus directs my thinking. And that light is sweet and pleasant to my life!

Lord,
Thank You for saying “Let there be light” as Your first utterance over all things. It is sweet. It is pleasant. It is what I need all the time, every time. May Your sweet light brighten each day through the eternal joy Your bright presence always brings!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment