Monday, August 1, 2022

I need wisdom’s strength.


Wisdom gives strength to the wise man more than ten rulers who are in a city.
Ecclesiastes 7:19

I need wisdom’s strength because I live in challenging days where seeing options beyond evil and foolishness is a necessary skill for my soul’s survival. I need wisdom’s strength because my own thinking, left to devise from a twisted, sinful root, will always warp the truth and lead me selfishly, foolishly, in a way that will perish. I need wisdom’s strength because the way to endure these days is harder than it has ever been: Evil is now entrenched. And there are screaming enemies on both sides of me opposed to God’s truth trying to lead me away. I need wisdom to show me the best way.

Wisdom can only come from above me… from the Father of lights. Wisdom has to reach down to me… in the grace of Christ. Wisdom must resonate with the pleasant tones of truth, grace, and holiness because all of those are absent in this world. They sing a sweet chord and God must ring them! I need wisdom to come by God’s Word to me. I need to listen to what He says, do as He directs, believe as He instructs.

Ten voices in this world may speak with authority. Yet none have wisdom. They will be weak and they will fail me. I need One Voice. I need the wisdom of Your Word, Lord! I will apply myself to seeing what You have written, hearing what You have said, listening to what You are telling me, and obeying Your wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment