Tuesday, October 3, 2023

I want to do good.


For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.
Romans 3:20

I want to do good
     but I can’t
By God’s Law
     I stand condemned
Sinner in action
     enemy of the Holy
I know my sin
     reading Your Law

I want to be good
     but I can’t
Shown my sin
     by Your right standard
Time and again
     I fall far short
I’m trapped by sin
     according to the Law

I cannot do good
     even what I want
is tainted by self
     broken as I am
Incapable of righteousness 
     not as You are
Broken, powerless, empty
     on Jesus I call

You are my good
     Your righteous life
Now exchanged for
      all my impotence
Your saving work
     enabling me to please God
Your life for mine
     the only good

In Christ I do good
     empowered by His Spirit
Enabled in every good work
     Jesus pleases the Father
I yield my thoughts
     surrender my heart
Love God in all my strength
     made new to do good!



No comments:

Post a Comment