Friday, October 6, 2023

I died with Christ. I will live with Christ.

Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.
Romans 6:8

I have, in my old sinful self, already died. I have died with Christ. He took my sins upon Himself. He bore them to the cross and there suffered my hell so I could have His righteous life. I am now alive in a new life through His resurrection completing His atoning work for me. These two facts are true: 1) I have already died the worst part of death through Christ. 2) I am now alive through Christ’s resurrection and I will live even beyond my last breath here on earth to live with Him forever! I choose to remember these simple truths with two acrostics:

D - Dead to sin.
I - Invigorated by Christ.
E - Exalting my Savior.
D - Done with sin.

L - Loving Jesus in my new life.
I - Inviting others to believe.
V -Very grateful for all of this new life.
E - Exchanging my life for Christ’s.

O Lord,
The one who has died has been set free… from the power of sin, from the penalty of sin, and in eternity, from the presence of it! In Christ I have died to sin. In Christ I am given new life now. And in Christ I will one day, in resurrection, live eternally free from all my limits, my hang-ups, my failures, and my transgressions. Thank You Lord for dying for me, living in me, and giving me life forever!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment