Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Jesus in every page


Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”
Luke 24:44

Jesus is the message of the Bible. His life, ministry, death, resurrection, ascension, and glorious reign upon the earth are the true story of all scripture. Jesus Himself clearly taught that all the Old Testament pointed to Him in all its sections. The Law of Moses, the history of Israel, the words of the prophets, and the worship of the poetry all point to Jesus. He is the fulfillment of the Law. He is the true King and the hope of His people Israel. He is the true vision of all the prophets. He is the passion and the beautiful song of His saints. The scriptures all point to Jesus… King of Kings and Savior of sinners. The Old Testament tells all about Jesus… the Redeemer of Israel and the hope of all the nations of the earth.

Lord Jesus.
Help me then to pause everywhere I read in Your Word and look there for You. You are indeed there. And because You accomplished my salvation, my hope and joy, my saving faith, my redemption and You are the Lover of my soul, I know You can be known in every page! Comfort me, strengthen me, enlighten me, and show Yourself in every page I turn until I am forever with You, I pray.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment