Friday, July 8, 2022

for the moment


For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12:11

Right now, Lord
this seems painful.
The situation is unpleasant.
The trial is tearful,
although I do not regret
following You, I haven’t
got a lot of happiness.

Right now, Lord
I need Your grace 
to endure this discipline.
I long to see Your face;
I know You have a purpose.
I will see You overcome
my current hurt and uneasiness.

Later, I know
better things will come.
You will indeed bless again.
Even the trial is Your outcome
toward a better understanding
of Who You are and how I can
follow You in joy.

A peaceful fruit
will follow from Your hand.
I believe this from experience.
And I will trust as pain ends
that You will have me in a better land;
A safer place is mine
in which I am further blessed
Your eternal love to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment