Thursday, July 28, 2022

by the stream


“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose trust is the LORD.
He is like a tree planted by water,
that sends out its roots by the stream,
and does not fear when heat comes,
for its leaves remain green,
and is not anxious in the year of drought,
for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
Jeremiah 17:7-8

By the stream
I am planted
nourished through
God’s hand

Near the streams of living water
life flows in
refreshed by
my Master’s plan

I can flourish.
I can grow.
I can yield pleasing fruit.

Into His river
I am rooted
His supply
never wavers

Heat may threaten
I am cooled
still green and growing
no fear in my Savior

Anxious drought
for others
yet my roots
are cool and wet

I will keep maturing.
I will know Him…
…the wise God Who cultivates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment