Wednesday, November 4, 2020

refuge, rock, and savior


Be to me a rock of refuge,
to which I may continually come;
you have given the command to save me,
for you are my rock and my fortress.
Psalm 71:3

Every person relies on some source of strength, some inner fortitude, some place of solace. You either work it up internally or focus on something or someone externally. David makes it clear in this psalm that God was his source, refuge, and strength-giver. He put himself into God’s care. He sought God as his secure rock and found God’s saving mercy and grace.

God is my rock. He is my higher ground of perspective over all that is around me. God provides the solid ground on which I can stand.

God is my fortress. In Jesus I find my security, my safety, my protection from the storms of life and the onslaught of evil in this world. I am secure.

God is my Savior. God gave the command to save me, and Jesus then willingly gave Himself out of love for all sinners and in obedience to the Father’s will. I am safe by faith in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment