Monday, November 16, 2020

light and life


For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light,
and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life...
Proverbs 6:23

This is my goal when reading God’s Word: I want to find light that shows me my way every day so that my life can be lived to please my Lord. I believe that in so doing I will also be happiest. I need the wisdom of God to light my steps. I need the discipline it brings in order to truly find meaningful life.

And so this proverb is a foundation to my day. It sets the tone for how I open the Bible. From God’s Word will come that light, that discipline, and that life. It is worth it to begin each day with an open Bible and a ready heart, asking the Spirit of God to shine the way!

O Lord,
Your Word is my lamp. Show me my path. Teach me Your truth. Discipline where I stray and build the character of Christ in me as You show me how to obey! You give me life in Your Word! May I live it as You give it. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment