Thursday, November 5, 2020

prayer for wisdom and insight


Get wisdom; get insight;
do not forget, and do not turn away from the words of my mouth.
Do not forsake her, and she will keep you;
love her, and she will guard you.
Proverbs 4:5-6

O wise God,
I need Your wisdom and Your insight to direct all of my thinking, my attitudes, and my actions today. I am a sinner, grateful, Jesus, that You are my Savior. Yet I am too easily tempted to turn away from Your words and make ruinous choices. I am too easily distracted by false wisdom and alluring patterns of thinking that come from my flesh and this world. Help me to not turn from Your Word!

I need wisdom now for the day that is before me. Give wisdom to discern what Your Word is saying so that I may share Your truth with others. You can make changes in me and in them as Your Spirit works in us through Your Word. I need insight. Please show me where my own heart is astray as I talk with others today. And if You could help direct me through spiritual insight to understand both my heart and theirs, our words together will come to honor You and can have lasting, eternal impact.

Lord, give me wisdom. Lord, give me insight. I will not forget that You alone provide these.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment