Tuesday, November 17, 2020

I know what you are thinking.


And the Spirit of the LORD fell upon me, and he said to me, “Say, Thus says the LORD: So you think, O house of Israel. For I know the things that come into your mind.”
Ezekiel 11:5

One reason God is the prefect judge is that He does not need to cross examine us to get to the truth. He knows more than our actions. God knows our minds. He knows our thoughts. What we think is under His scrutiny. That was one reason why Israel’s idolatry brought such severe judgment when it finally came.

God knows my mind and tests my heart. He wants my love for Him and true repentance from sin to be what happens in my heart. That is why Christian faith can’t be about mere external conformance. I need a heart change. I need to think in a new, holy, and transformed way with God’s power changing me.

Praise God that His Word can discern my thoughts (Hebrews 4:12). And His Spirit and Word change my thinking so that I can put off sin and put on holy living (Ephesians 4:22-24). Thank God that He changes my thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment