Friday, November 13, 2020

only God


Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
Psalm 73:25

The heart whose sole affection is God will know constant worship. Look at this expression of worship in this verse! It shows what true, single-minded devotion to God looks like. Nothing in heaven or earth is greater than God, our Creator, our Sustainer, our Father! He is our hope and our future. He is our present help and friend. God is all we should desire.

Yet there are many things, many of them very good things, that can pull me away from this kind of devotion. The big thing that can do this in my life is “busy”ness. And the good time of busy that comes with ministry can strangely become something that I look to more than God. I can almost worship it. I must repent of such misplaced devotion!

O Lord,
I thank You for the privilege of serving You. But I confess that service is not the same as worship of You. Keep my heart focused on You, Lord Jesus. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment