Monday, October 12, 2020

Why it is good to be “cling-y”.


My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
Psalm 63:8

Ultimately loving and worshiping God is a matter of the heart. The imagery of clinging is powerful in this worship song. Young children cling to their parents. Why? Because mom and dad love, nourish, protect, and provide for them as nobody else ever will. The world away from home is dangerously unknown. But there is loving safety and security in clinging to a parent. There is powerful, strengthening, life-building security in the strength of their love.

To worship God well, my soul should cling to Christ. He is my security. The gospel nourishes my life daily. Jesus loves me infinitely more than I can every truly comprehend. Jesus provides what my soul needs most.

Those who cling to their God are upheld by the power of His right hand. We don’t let go of Him. He is always there with us, close to us, always acting for our best interests and His great glory. My soul clings to You, Lord Jesus. You uphold me with Your nail-scarred hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment