Wednesday, October 28, 2020

God in His Word

Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you;
bind them around your neck;
write them on the tablet of your heart.
Proverbs 3:3

When God revealed His covenant-keeping character to Moses in Exodus 34:6, He described Himself as abounding in steadfast love (that’s grace) and faithfulness. Here in Proverbs those two phrases quickly are witness to the continual faithfulness and graciousness of our God, calling us to seek and live by His wisdom. People who are serious about knowing and loving God will “bind” themselves to His Word’s wisdom, hiding it in their hearts.

It is a powerful witness to the grace of God that I could open my Bible today. God’s voice spoke clearly in His Word as I read it, as distinctly as He revealed His faithful grace so long ago to Moses. And I am accountable for that encounter. I must take God’s Word quite seriously as I have seen, known, and learned from God in the pages.

O Lord,
May I bind Your wisdom around me like a necklace of truth. Keep speaking to my heart so that Your Word, Your Spirit, and the saving work of Jesus may continue to change me, conforming me to be more like Jesus, as I find Your wisdom in Your pages and thrive!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment