Wednesday, October 7, 2020

a generous heart


Take from among you a contribution to the LORD. Whoever is of a generous heart, let him bring the LORD'S contribution: gold, silver, and bronze...
Exodus 35:5

God calls us to give, but from a generous heart... not out of guilt, or compulsion, or to gain attention for ourselves. God wants us to love Him with and in our gifts. He wants our hearts to well up in the joyous generosity of worshipping a God Who gives over and over to us in grace. He loves us generously as we love Him generously.

There is nothing like this kind of generous living. One of the joys I have in ministry is to bless others financially, working with our church deacons to help those in financial need. I am blessed to have a church that has a big heart to help. And my heart is filled with joy because the love of God is shown as He cares for us in every way. When we care for others, we are acting like our loving Savior. Jesus is completely generous, giving His life for us. We should give of ourselves. 

Lord,
I thank You that in my sweetest dreams I get to share Your generous love with others through the gospel... in word and in action. Help me then to always be ready to give to You and with You in that way!
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment