Thursday, January 3, 2019

Salvation belongs to the Lord.


Salvation belongs to the Lord;
your blessing be on your people! 
Selah
Psalm 3:8

I wish I could say that I naturally look only to God to be my Savior, but to be honest, I don’t. I need the gospel daily in front of me. I often try to save myself when I make a mistake. I sometimes believe my own plans will save me. I try to extricate myself from my own poor choices by looking to myself, further complicating the messes that I make. I hope that if I just had more money, or more respect, or more ability I would be happy. But all these things do not bring salvation or blessings to me. I can only have one true Savior.

Salvation belongs to the Lord. I will only find it in Jesus and in the glorious experience of trusting Him alone. The gospel calls me to repent of my personal salvation efforts to better myself and instead to simply come in my need to Jesus, Who alone makes up what I lack. God will shower me in an abundant grace that I did not deserve. He will keep me. He will bless me. He will lead me to grow in the gospel so that I do not give in so easily to the false saviors I want to trust instead of Jesus. He will help me understand how money, respect, and abilities all fit into His Kingdom and in His personal unique design of me as I surrender to His Lordship and find my life in Jesus.

Salvation is found only in Jesus. This is true for eternity. This is true in my present situations. And I will trust my Lord in both ways so that day to day He will help me to turn from the false trusts I am prone to accept. He will save me now and forever. This I know and believe as I bow and confess my failures and accept His great grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment