Monday, January 21, 2019

allegiances


No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
Matthew 6:24

I will serve now
what my heart loves
what is my master
will reign above
whatever else I avow

Money talks loud
in the current scene
worth is measured by income
and though I fully mean
not to... money makes me proud

Yet Jesus is King
Master above all
that would rule my heart
heeding His call
my life I bring

Only one can lead
my heart to win
money serves Jesus
I surrender to Him
and from silver slavery am freed

You cannot serve two
there can be only one
so my Master is Christ
and living in the Son
I’ll honor Him in what I do

I commit to my Lord
Whom my heart loves
above this world’s treasure
I hold Jesus above
and will believe His Word

Only one can control
is what Jesus said
so He is my Master
chased from my head
are wealth’s illusions... this I know

No comments:

Post a Comment