Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Surpassing Peace


And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7

Lord, I rejoice always in You,
overwhelmed by all You do.
I’ve been put through the hardest test,
yet in Your peace I find my rest.
You bring this surpassing peace.

I resonate with a spiritual calm.
Your Word and Spirit are my balm.
Your Spirit with me all the way,
Word comforting the longest, darkest day.
My mind leans back on surpassing peace.

Jesus, You’ve kept me these many years,
comforted and touched my countless tears.
In my Savior’s yoke I find my rest.
No longer weary but forever blessed.
My feelings are stilled by Your surpassing peace.

My anxious heart needed Your rest.
My panting prayers with every breath
were transformed to amazed, wonder-filled praise,
filled with delight at new life You have raised.
I am made new in surpassing peace.

Guarded safe in the gospel I see
Your grace extended forever just for me.
My mind at ease, my heart secure,
future with You, I will endure,
kept in love by Your surpassing peace.

Lord, my life is Yours. Do as You please.
May I live so that others too may see
all You do to save this soul.
In Your power in me, make Yourself known!
Please call others through me to surpassing peace.

I’ve seen You open heaven’s door
for loved ones who’ve gone on before.
Safe in You, when I too see that day
in confidence I’ll walk Your way
eternally living in surpassing peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment