Tuesday, January 9, 2024

unconcealed


For my eyes are on all their ways. They are not hidden from me, nor is their iniquity concealed from my eyes.
Jeremiah 16:17

Lord,
What must it be like for You, perfect in Your holiness, to behold all the evil in this world? And You see it, not just in broad terms, such as systematic oppression, war, disease, poverty, or starvation. Those things are certainly difficult enough. Yet You see so much more… so much individual evil. You know the thoughts of billions of people on this planet all at once. You see the darkest secret sins. You witness not just murders, but hatred. You know all there is to know about each one of us. There truly are no secret sins.

What must it be like for You, the Savior I profess to love and trust, to see the sin I still harbor as well? You know my ways. You know my heart. You know my thoughts. You see me when I want to try to do right and I fail. Nothing I think, say, or do is hidden from You… ever. You see me choose sin over salvation time and again and yet You still love me. My iniquity is never concealed in the dark or behind any door. This is why the gospel is my daily need. I still confess this sin, trust my Savior, repent of my deepest dark impulses, and seek for Your transformative grace to guide me. Honestly… I know You know me. And the miracle of grace is that You still love me despite my broken and disgusting sin. You still change me. You still equip me to please You, my God! I am grateful for the grace that You pour over me, despite what I know You see. I am thankful to be clothed in righteousness that is not my own. I am whiter than snow in the righteousness of Christ! Thank You my holy, merciful Lord!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment