Tuesday, January 17, 2023

paying attention


And he said to them, “Pay attention to what you hear: with the measure you use, it will be measured to you, and still more will be added to you.”
Mark 4:24

Jesus gives a promise to those who listen well to His teaching. For those who believe and apply themselves by faith to what Jesus says, God will in turn bring blessing, understanding, and more than they can receive. The investment reaps benefits beyond measure. Jesus rewards those who hear, believe, apply themselves to, and obey His Word.

Paying attention is an important part of Christian growth and maturity. It does indeed take pronounced effort. We don’t get to just slide into the kingdom of our Lord. It’s an active climb, yet the energy we expend never outdoes the gracious blessing of our God. He rewards sincere seekers. He blesses the faithful followers. He delights in diligent disciples.

Lord Jesus,
Help me today to pay attention, to apply my heart to Your Word. Help me actively seek to live by Your ways. I know I am blessed and may You be lifted up in praise as more is added as I pay attention!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment