Tuesday, January 31, 2023

miracles, marvels, wonder, and worship


…so that the crowd wondered, when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled healthy, the lame walking, and the blind seeing. And they glorified the God of Israel.
Matthew 15:31

Wonder and worship should go together. In the ministry of Jesus, people marveled at the miracles, and it led them to praise the God Who gave so much in Jesus to the world. A heart of wonder, of amazement, of perplexed perceptions of the power of God underlies true worship.

As I read the gospels I too am filled with wonder and amazement at Jesus with His healing touch, His powerful word, His stirring teaching, His authoritative command and call, and His marvelous miracles. And it leads my soul to worship even now.

Jesus,
You are a powerful Savior. You are the Healer of my heart. You are the Savior of my soul. You made a miracle out of my mess more times than I can count. I am in wonder and I praise my God Who is my salvation… my strength… and my song.
Amen

1 comment: