Thursday, January 12, 2023

Jesus gives rest.

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

Jesus wants people to find their soul’s rest in Him. And this is not just an invitation at the end of our days. Jesus spoke these words to the closest of His followers in contrast to stern words of judgment He had to speak to those who hated Him. For those who love Jesus, there is tender care. To love Jesus is to be loved by Him. He calls us to lay down our difficulties and find rest with Him.

Life has its daily toils and threats that weary us. Life has its unanticipated heavy burdens that weigh us down and weaken us. Jesus is our calming rest in the day to day labor. Jesus is our burden lifter and strength in those unbearable situations. And in Him we find all the peace our souls always crave!

Today, Lord Jesus, I lay these burdens down. I am weary. You give me strength. The load is so heavy. You take it off and Your light yoke ties me to Your loving control right now! Lead me, heal me, encourage me, lift me, give me rest.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment