Friday, January 6, 2023

asking better


If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
Matthew 7:11

Lord,
You are good. You are holy. You are just. You are wise. You are in control. All this I know because in Your Word You say so. And in my life You have shown all that You are to be all that I need. You are for me… in love. This is forever proven, without a doubt in my mind, by Jesus giving Himself for me.

I confess that I do not often pray with that truth in mind. My prayers can be selfish and limited by my own pettiness. And so I fail to ask for You to work in my life and give Your power and grace because I ask for my pride and my selfish wants. Forgive me in mercy, my Lord.

You are a good, good Father. I trust in You. You know my need, You feel my pain, You love me well. And so because You are good and I am not, I ask for Your grace to show up today in me, for me, with me, for those I and whom You love, through Jesus Christ my Lord.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment