Monday, January 9, 2023

A circle of generous grace


…give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.
Luke 6:38

A generous life is the best life. I believe this with all my heart. When I was just interested in a life of ministry service, sometime in my late teens, I heard someone say this: “You will never regret TRULY serving someone in the name of Jesus.” And in a lifetime now of testing that statement, I am blessed far beyond what I deserve.

We ought to always be ready to give, but there are seasons when it is more intense, and those seasons inevitably bring much more back to the giver than was given. Yes, there is an occasional ungrateful jerk. And a few people have broken my heart by rejecting what was offered. But overwhelmingly just like Jesus promised, the good coming back is running over. Grace pours right back into my lap. And for that I am magnificently blessed, especially right now.

I cannot out give what God gives me in Jesus Christ! And in His kingdom, generosity with grace just pours back upon the generous!

No comments:

Post a Comment