Tuesday, January 18, 2022

God is always faithful.


For the LORD will not forsake his people;
he will not abandon his heritage;
for justice will return to the righteous,
and all the upright in heart will follow it.
Psalm 94:14-15

No matter how bad things look for God’s people, He never abandons us. Even when Israel, throughout a checkered history of faithlessness by people who were easily drawn away into false worship, worldliness, and idolatry, even then God lovingly disciplined them to bring them again to repentance so that He could once more honor His covenant blessings. God is always faithful even when we are not!

Right now God’s mercies lead us to repentance where again God’s people can enjoy the blessings of God’s grace upon us. We do not have Israel’s covenant in the church, but we can be just as fickle in our gospel commitments and faith. But God is faithful when we are not. He convicts us through His Holy Spirit. He calls use back through the gospel. He forgives freely when we confess sin, repent and believe, and entrust ourselves to the transformative work of trusting and obeying His truth. God is always faithful even when we are not!

I thank you, Lord, that You have not forsaken me. You have not abandoned the good work You have begun in me. Although in many sins I have struggled to believe You, yet You have always gently drawn me back, corrected me in love, and forgiven my failings. You have never failed. You will not forsake me. And Your justice will prevail against a sin-darkened world. You will continue to build in me true heart-uprightness so that I will live in and follow the justice, righteousness, and truth in Jesus Christ. You are always faithful, even when I am not! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment