Friday, July 10, 2020

I have tasted. I have seen.


Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good!
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!
Oh, fear the LORD, you his saints,
for those who fear him have no lack!
Psalm 34:8-9

I know that God is good. I have tasted and seen His greatness. God is good to me in so many ways that I do not deserve. I will praise Him for I am a sinner saved by, kept by, and blessed by a grace freely given to me in the love of God in Christ! He has saved me from the slavery to sin that was my life without Jesus! He has protected me from the misery of a life without hope or divine perspective. He has kept me safe in all trouble. I have never been in dire need. God has always made a way.

The whirlwind of disruptive change that has been life since mid-March 2020 still swirls around me and really the entire world. Yet I have no problems at all in trusting God and believing He is good in all this. Life is uncertain. I believe that more than ever. But my hope is in God and He is good, and I know that with increased conviction! Change is all I see on the horizon even as I daily experience it. Still I am confident God will take care of those who trust in Him.

O Lord,
From ancient times You have kept those who trust in You so very close to You. I praise You for Your goodness and care. I trust You for what will be in store for me because I am secure forever in Jesus. I taste Your goodness every day. And I am confident You will never change Your care for me.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment