Thursday, July 30, 2020

Great is the Lord!


But may all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation
say continually, “Great is the LORD!”
Psalm 40:16

Great is the Lord! Every time that I have been in need, my God has seen me through. I’ve never gone hungry. I’ve never been abandoned. I’ve never been forsaken by my Savior. When I have sought Him, He has heard me and answered me. He has kept me safe in troubled times and always will.

Great is the Lord! He has made me glad. He brings such contentment and peace in His presence, by His Spirit, and through His Word. When I have been shaken and troubled and come to Him, He has brought such sweet comfort to my soul. He has turned my losses, by His consolation, into soul-strengthening experiences to bind my heart to His. He is giving me joy even in suffering. He has widened my perspective to the periphery of eternity so that what I’ve feared has simply ceased to be in my vision as I am in awe of the grand vista of grace spread out before me.

Great is the Lord! God has saved me! In Jesus alone is my salvation. What can this world do to me? I was by His mercy made aware of my sin and need of His grace when I was just a boy. And the good news that Jesus died to save me from sin’s rule, hell’s punishment, and my own selfishness, was just what my soul craved. I fell on His merciful love, calling on Jesus, turning from sin, believing my risen Lord will save me from death’s worst consequences. Trusting in Him for all my life now, I am His. And Jesus saved me! The love I have for my Savior is sweeter every day. Great is the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment