Monday, December 2, 2019

what faith understands


By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.
Hebrews 11:3

Faith understands the reality that God is intimately involved in HOW the universe exists and WHO we are. He made all that we can experience by the power of His spoken Word. He made all the things that compose what we are and what we will be. By faith I understand this universe is made by God. This powerful truth is foundational. It brings purpose and peace: purpose... because God is my Creator and I answer to Him... peace... because I understand by faith how my life is to be lived for God’s glory.

Thank You, Lord, for the purpose for which all things exist: Your everlasting praise and worship. And as I live as Your creation, I want to give You that glory. Sunday worship with Your saints is one small part of that. You also are worshiped in my work. You are worshiped as I wander through this world, hiking trails, wading rivers, marveling at stars, and praising Your awesome power.

Thank You, Lord, for the peace I have, resting in You as my Creator, following Jesus as my Savior, seeking to show Your love and care for people around me. And Thank You that I have peace in Christ through the cross. It grows deeper in me daily.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment