Monday, December 23, 2019

questions


For who knows what is good for man while he lives the few days of his vain life, which he passes like a shadow? For who can tell man what will be after him under the sun?
Ecclesiastes 6:12

From childhood
     I have asked them
     struggling with wanting to know
     curious how things work
     needing desperately to know why

And sometimes people had answers
to the curiosity...
     told me how the sky is blue
     told me how planes fly
     told me where babies come from

But deeper questions were mutually puzzling
even to those who had some answers...
     why do we die?
     what is evil?
     where did we come from?

And in those deeper questions which sometimes
still echo in my soul, I turn to God for answers.
Only God knows...
     How am I redeemed by Jesus?
     Where will my life end up?
     How will all evil be ended?
     When will questions cease?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment