Tuesday, March 26, 2019

liberating slavery

But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life.
Romans 6:22

Everyone is a slave to something. That’s part of Paul’s argument in the last half of Romans six. We are born, every one of us, a slave to sin. We are naturally going to do the things that are not in keeping with the nature of a holy God. And this leads us to judgment and ultimately that sin mastery leads us to death. But Jesus came to free us from sin’s slavery and its awful outcome!

Praise the Lord, we are given freedom from sin when we repent, believe, and trust the gospel! Turning to Jesus, we are no longer the property of sin. But we are still slaves. We do have a new Master. And we must then live as slaves to God, living to see His will done, serving our new Master, and producing new actions in keeping with this holy life now given to us through Jesus. We change households, no longer slaves to sin that produces only death in us, but now slaves of God who can now please Him by doing what is right, enjoying eternal life!

Jesus,
You are my Master. I am under new ownership. With You as my Lord, I can faithfully serve You, in obedience repent of sin, obey my Savior, be sanctified and find eternal life! Thank You for being my Lord! And may I have no other obligation vying for my attention except the joy of Your service as I am bound to obey You. I am “doulos”. I am Your slave. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment