Monday, March 11, 2019

I, blind man


And Jesus in pity touched their eyes, and immediately they recovered their sight and followed him.
Matthew 20:34

Two blind men sat begging by the road from Jericho. They heard from the crowd along the roadside that Jesus was headed their way. They passionately cried out to Jesus to hear them, even as the crowd cruelly tried to hush their loud cries for mercy. But they would not give up nor be kept from seeking their only hope.

And Jesus heard their cries. Jesus stopped, called out to them, and coming to Jesus they asked for God to give them what they always needed most: their sight. They trusted Jesus as Lord. They believed as Son of David that He was their Deliverer. They asked the one person Who could change their lives to do so. And Jesus did.

Their eyes were touched by their Maker, Master, and Lord. Their sight was given to them. They rejoiced and then followed Jesus. No more blind beggars, they became Jesus followers on that day when He gave them sight.

I too was once lost in blindness, not of physical sight, but of any hope in life. And Jesus, Who died to give me life, touched the eyes of my heart when I trusted Him and gave me sight and life. His vision came to my soul. Forever grateful for that gift of life, I will follow Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment