Thursday, March 21, 2019

I’m not good enough.


For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.
Romans 5:10

I’m not good enough. I’ll never be, by virtue of my own merits, no matter how sincere I may be. I’m not good enough to make up for my own sin. Any sin puts me at an unfathomable distance from God. And I am more than just a one-sin sinner! Any sin handicaps me from making up the gap that separates me from a holy God. It is impossible for sinners to atone for themselves.

I’m not good enough. I needed a Savior. God sent His Son into the world while sinners were all still sinners. Jesus died for the enemies of God and now, through faith in His atonement offered for us, we can be brought to God, no longer enemies but friends... and more now than friends, but also His adopted children.

I’m not good enough. And I never will be by my own efforts. But Jesus is more than good enough. He is my righteousness. He is my hope. He is my Savior. He is my Reconcilation to God. He death is my gateway to life. And by His death I was reconciled to God so that now in His resurrection life I can truly live! I am not good enough... but praise be to God, Jesus is!

No comments:

Post a Comment